Friday 10 May 2013

I Vow To Thee

Greetings gals n pals

What a glorious bank holiday and for once the weather was kind.  On the Saturday we trundled off to Royal Tunbridge Wells to have a mooch around the shops. By the time we arrived in our summer finery, the heavens had opened.  We took shelter in the wonderful Jeremy's Home Store which sells everything your kitch lifestyle desires.  We had a good look around and was astounded by the amount of goodies that would work wonders at our nuptials.  Our heads were buzzing with excitement when we left and once our decisions have been made we will definitely be back to raid the place.  Check them out here.. Just save some stuff for us!

http://www.jeremyshomestore.co.uk/

We also went into every charity shop in town looking of other odds n sods but we couldn't find what we'd got our hearts set on. I did manage to buy a Charles and Di mug (can't have too many - I've got 3 now), a dress and a wicker handbag. All for £4.50 so I came home happy.

On the Sunday we went to Brighton to continue looking for bargains and we found exactly what we were after in Snoopers Paradise. It's hard not to get lost in there, but yet again, it sells everything imaginable.  It even has a wonderful vintage photo booth in there which we went in last summer.  Check out this YouTube clip of this amazing place.

http://youtu.be/GFP3JC8gv2E

We then went into Jump The Gun where Andy found a wonderful suit. He will only wear a one or three buttoned suit and he found a stunning three buttoned number.  It's a Mod thing apparently but it's stunning. Can't give too much away at this stage as his suit should get the same exclusivity as the dress dontcha think?

Talking of dresses I've made an appointment to go to Fur Coat and No Knickers (sums me up a treat) based in Carnaby Street.  Should be fun to try dresses on and have a lovely girly day out with my mum. I'll ask my best mate if she wants to come along for the ride too.

Last but my no means least we are going to have a stab at writing our own vows.  The registrar stipulates we can't add anything religious which suits me as I'd prefer something more personal to us. I was thinking of something like this:

Take it away Dawn and Pete Sutcliffe...

http://youtu.be/IcvyV5iM0IA

Well that's it for this blog so I'll bid you farewell. If I don't go away, I can't come back.

80schickx

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nicola - Fur Coat and No Knickers is a stunning shop... next to Mr Ducktails and Retro Revival... its a dangerous area! Because I love your blog I have nominated you for a Liebster Award - go to my blog to find out what it is -http://rockabillystitch.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete